Blair Academy – Insley Hall Addition and Renovation
- 5 floor Elevator Tower addition.
- 16,000 SF Build Out of dorm space, 3 gang toilets, rec room and stairwell.
- Despite the discovery of asbestos and the need for substantial structural enhancement the project was completed within the 4.5 month schedule.
- The Insley Hall project consisted of an Elevator Tower Addition serving 5 floors and a gut and build-out of 16,000 SF of dormitory space. Included in the build-out was the construction of 3 gang toilets, new dorm rooms, recreation rooms and a new interior stairwell.
- The project faced many challenges including the discovery of asbestos and a great deal of structural enhancement to the building.
- The duration of the project was 4 1⁄2 months. Even with a great deal of unanticipated challenges the project was completed on time.